VISA Entry Requirements specificly for international arrivals on Visa Exemption Arrangement VEA, Visa On Arrival VOA or eVISA.
- VEA -Visa Exemption Arrangement is free and only available to 9 countries for 30 days only and cannot be extended.
- VOA-Visa on Arrival costs IDR 500.000 per person (applies to adults and children). There are two options
- pay on arrival or
- apply and pay online from 14 days or up to 48 hours before arrival.
- VOA-Visa on Arrival is for a single Entry into Bali/Indonesia, for a stay up to 30 days and can be extended for a maximum 1 time at the local Immigration Office (charges apply)
- Payment can be done by: VISA Card, Master Card or Debit Card
- Cash in IDR or foreign currencyUSD, EURO, GBP, SGD and others as per set exchange at the airport counter inside the terminal.
VEA, VOA eVISA Conditions
- Passport must have a least a minimum of 6 months validty
- RETURN air flight ticket (or one way outward journey from Bali)
- Must be full vaccinated with WHO authorized vaccinations, and the 2nd vaccination must have been given at least 14 days prior to departure
- 1 x COVID-19 vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson, Sputnik V or Convidecia are accepted
- or provide COVID recovery certificate
- or medical exemption letter
International Travelers Entry Conditions
- International travelers 06– 17 years are NOT required to show COVID-19 Vaccination proof
- International travelers 18 years and above are required to be fully vaccinated.
- COVID-19 recovery -If you have been confirmed positive for COVID-19 a maximum of 30 days before departure and you have been declared inactive in transmitting COVID and have a medical lettter
- Vaccination proof can be presented as physical copy of EU or WHO Vaccination proof (fully vaccinated)
- Health Insurance which covers COVID-19 treatment and evacuation is no longer required for International Travelers to enter Indonesia – As of 8 June 2022
- Download Peduli Lindungi APP.
- Register e-CD (Electronic Custom Declaration).3 days before travel and have the QR code ready for scanning
For all other citizens/passport holders they can still enter with at B211A Visitor Visa, the same conditions above will apply.
Guidelines for Health procedures upon arrival:
International travelers must strictly follow the health protocol.
Upon arrival all internatinal arrivals are required to undergo a health check for symptoms related to COVID-19 including checking body temperature;
In the event the international arrival is detected to have symptoms related to COVID-19 and/or has a body temperature above 37.5 degrees Celsius, it is obligatory to undergo a RT-PCR re-examination at a cost to be borne by the government for Indonesian citizens and the costs to be borne independently for foreigners.
If no symptoms related to COVID-19 are detected and a body temperature below 37.5 degrees Celsius, international arrivals can continue with their travel plans with the following conditions:
- International arrivals who have received the second or third dose of vaccine at least 14 days before departure, are allowed to continue the journey
- International arrival under 18 years will follow the provisions imposed on their parents or caregivers/travel companions; or
- International arrivals with special health conditions or comorbid diseases that cause the traveler to have not and/or not be able to take part in the COVID-19 vaccination, they are allowed to continue the trip by being obliged to attach a doctor’s certificate from the Government Hospital of the country of departure stating that the person concerned has not and /or unable to follow the COVID-19 vaccination.
For international arrivals who are resident in Indonesia ( both Indonesian passport holders and foreign passport holders) who have not been able to get vaccinated or have received the first dose of vaccine at least 14 days before departure, are required to quarantine for 5 x 24 hours in a CHSE hotel/villa/resor
Departure procedure from Bali
Please check with your airline and your returning home country or next final destination.
- Airlines/Authorities/Next Destination/Final Country MAY require a negative PCR Swab Test upon check-in at DPS Airport.
- PCR Swab Test can be done at any of 27 authorized laboratories or by accomodation visit service, the price is IDR 275.000 with visitation/transportation extra charges for conducting test at accommodation (book on line through https://balitourismhospitality.com/)
- PCR Swab Test for departure is always conducted in the morning and the result will be received by WHATSAPP or email in the evening at the same day. We recommened to do your test 1 day prior to departure (1 – 2 days before departure).
Visa Exemption Arrangement VEA (Visa-free for 30 days)
Visa Exemption Arrangement (VEA) for tourism purposes for Passport holders from the following Countries – as of 6 April 2022
Only valid for 30 days and cannot be extened.
Visa On Arrival VOA
Passport holders from the following Countries applicable for Visa on Arrival (VOA) Cost is IDR500.000 per person.
VOA-Visa on Arrival is for a single Entry into Bali/Indonesia, for a stay up to 30 days and can be extended for a maximum 1 time at the local Immigration Office (charges apply) – updated 16 September 2022
VOA can be used for: tourism, governmental related visit, business discussion, purchasing goods, participating in meetings, transit.
United Arab Emirates
United States of America
e-VOA apply online up to 14 days before arrival
New – updated 4 Novermber 2022
Welcome to the Indonesian Immigration new Pre-Arrival Application. This application is used for the issuance of Visa On Arrival or Single Entry Visitor Visa for Tourism Purpose for foreigners who will enter Indonesia.
It is a government portal run by the Directorate General of Immigration Ministry of Law and Human Rights.
e-VOA is a single-entry visa which is valid for 30 days stay in Indonesia with the purpose of Tourism, Government Visit, Business Meeting, Goods Purchasing, or Transit only.
Holders of passports of these following countries are eligible to apply for e-VOA:
Republic of Korea
United States of America
Holders of travel document other than passport (Laissez Passer, Titre de voyage, Travel Document, Document of Identity, Certificate of Identity, Alien Passport, Alien Travel Document, Emergency Travel Document, Emergency Passport; or Temporary Passport) are not eligible to apply e-VOA.
Foreigners holding e-VOA are allowed to land at Soekarno-Hatta Airport, Jakarta and Ngurah Rai Airport, Bali.
The e-VOA fee is IDR 500.000,00. Please note that every payment via Debit/Credit Card will incur additional fees according to the financial institution’s regulations.
Where to get your eVISA.
Agents who are approved to handle e-VISA applications. These include travel agents who will normally include the evisa as part of a travel package you purchase from them. Visa Travel Agents provide evisa processing only as well as many other travel services.
For e-VISA travel agent click here
Check the ASITA website for a list of travel agents in Bali.
Directorate General of Immigration of the Republic of Indonesia website
A note about eVisa
They must be submitted to the Director-General of Immigration electronically.
Electronic application submission by the agent in accordance with the provisions of the legislation. Your agent will guide you on what you will need to prepare.
- A copy of your passport.
- A photo of yourself
- Proof of full vaccination ( at least 14 days before departing)
- You may be asked to show your bank statement in English.
- Proof of travel insurance with coverage for Coronavirus-related emergencies.
- Payment to start the application process.
*Disclaimer: Due to the dynamic nature of travel regulations, please stay updated and confirm your itinerary with your chosen travel providers.